TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports — eliminating language, time limitations, and know-how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms, schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Seattle Public Schools, Boston Public Schools, Buffalo Public School, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google, Forbes and are backed by Google, Eric Schmidt, AT&T, Cisco, and Stanford University to name a few.
We're at a critical inflection point in the organization's growth, our user base has grown exponentially in the past year while our team doubled and will double again over the next year. It's an important time to join our team and build on our momentum and ability to support students and families during this critical time in which education equity gaps are more concerning than ever. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on operations leader to own key operations functions and strategic projects. You will support a rapidly-scaling education technology nonprofit organization in evolving our processes, systems and team to drive effective people management and decision-making. This is a hands-on player/coach role that will:
- Manage key business functions/teams including Finance, Legal and HR, including scaling processes and systems to effectively support our rapidly growing organization.
- Work with HR lead to refine/build HR systems for our growing organization, including competency frameworks, salary bands, and performance reviews processes.
- Work with Finance lead to ensure accurate forecasting and budget management throughout the year.
- Work with the executive team and Finance lead on sound financial analysis and planning, ranging from identifying and reporting on key business metrics for our organization, to long-range forecasting and scenario analyses.
- Partner with all other functional areas of the org to identify and improve systems and processes to support our organizations in continuously improving how we work together to achieve our goals.
- Partner with COO and key business functions to support definition and tracking of OKRs and business analytics. Support quarterly and annual planning and ongoing tracking of progress. Drive accountability and operational excellence across the company.
- Manage strategic projects in support of leadership and functional teams.
Who you are
- 8-10+ years’ operational leadership experience in a startup environment.
- Functional experience managing and scaling: HR/recruiting, finance, legal/compliance, and business operations for organizations with 8-digit budgets and 100-200+ employees.
- Successful track record of scaling systems and processes in high-growth startup environments and ability to anticipate what operational challenges/problems might arise.
- Track record of facilitating the setting of and hitting high-level business goals.
- Leadership skills: think strategically, communicate persuasively, act ethically, persist.
- Management skills: set objectives, give feedback, communicate clearly, plan work, monitor progress, develop people, encourage creativity, prioritize.
- Analytics skills: you are data-driven with a proven capability to regularly measure, analyze and recommend solutions.
- Domain experience in K-12 education and SaaS products is a plus.
Overall fit with our org culture - we look for team members who are
- User and mission-oriented: we are devoted to our mission with empathy towards the communities we serve.
- All-in together: we go above and beyond the job description, working together as a team.
- Agile & action-oriented: we get things done, knowing that our progress is urgent to our communities.
- Always Learning: we are always learning, with a growth mindset, to reach our full potential.
- Boldly Courageous: we take risks in order to achieve big things.
- Resourceful: We are creative, solution-oriented, and scrappy.
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage health insurance, benefits, and unlimited time off
- 401K match
- Annual professional development benefit
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Fun, smart, dynamic, motivated team focused on working together to transform family engagement to serve the families who need it most
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a brief paragraph describing your interest, and a link to your LinkedIn profile